RAC IN FAYETTE COUNTY
Check out the Fayette County Cultural Trust’s happenings HERE– So much fun!
MONON CENTER has much to be thankful for!
TheThe Monon Center is pleased to announce that we have been selected to recieve a GRANT for the Rural Arts Collaborative Supplement of $774.10 from the Community Foundation of Greene County Arts and Culture Fund. This fund was established by Mrs. Sally Cameron, a founder of the Foundation, to impact the Arts and Culture of the region.
And with the facilitation of second Tri County Training under our belt this June we have had a busy summer so far! Please enjoy a few images from the Teaching Artist Symposium held at Pittsburgh Center for the Arts!
FAYETTE COUNTY CULTURAL TRUST! Check out the article from the Tribune Review!
The Washington Community Arts and Cultural Center recently received a grant from the Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation to form a RURAL ARTS COLLABORATIVE which will serve three counties – Washington, Fayette and Greene. The project will identify local Teaching Artists to work side by side with teachers in the classroom and after school programs in all school districts that are interested in the project in each respective county.
The grant, managed by Wash Arts, will pay personnel costs, Teaching Artist stipends and coordination efforts in each county. The partners include the FAYETTE COUNTY CULTURAL TRUST in Fayette and the MONON CENTER in Greene County.
GREENE COUNTY ARTISTS & EDUCATORS: CLICK HERE to submit your contact information on the Google form!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- All teaching artists are required to follow the Pa Department of Education requirements for clearances
- Teaching Artists will be trained in a applying their medium to the PA Common Core Standards and 21st Century Learning Skills
- Teaching Artists in the Rural Artist Collaborative (RAC) Are not limited to School Residencies in their home county, however the Teaching artists must reside in one of the three participating counties, Washington, Greene, or Fayette
- When can I start a residency? Our goal is to have -committed placement of Teaching Artists by Sept 2015 – June 2016
- Who do I call for more information? Interested parties, school districts and Teaching Artists with questions or to send resumes should contact respectively:
Gary Alan Jackson, Washington County:
Dan Cocks, Fayette County
Candace Radel, Greene County: